Sunday, September 19, 2010

Train Wreck

If a train was about to crash and I had the choice to kill one person to save five, or kill five to save the one, I would have much trouble choosing who to save. If the was an event where I had the choice to kill either the 5 people or the 1 I think I would choose the 5. This issue is definitely a moral issue because killing any person is bad but having to choose which side of people will die is horrible. I am torn between the two but I would choose the one over the five. Having to deal with the guilt of choosing one group over the other would bother me for a long time. I would constantly be thinking of what would have become of the five people or over that one person. By killing the five people I would be changing five families lives forever where as if I had just killed one, I would have only been affecting that family and the others would most likely be eternally grateful.

By saving the 5 people you are giving four more people a continued chance of living. The choice would be in my hands and I would rather kill one to save many. I don’t think that I could even bear the guilt of killing the five for the one. I would be able to feel less guilty if I had killed only one. I would try to explain to the one family the choice that I had to make and I would hope that I would understand why I chose to kill the one over the five. Either choice is extremely difficult as neither of the choices are very good. I would have a very difficult time choosing a choice in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment